Barclays PLC is the famous Corporate Investor, which was founded in 1690. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in United Kingdom. The leading representative office of defined Corporate Investor is situated in the London.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Barclays PLC, startups are often financed by Index Ventures, DN Capital, Piton Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Techstars, Business Growth Fund, The Royal Bank of Scotland. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SoftBank Investment Advisers, Future Fifty, Business Growth Fund.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Uber, Auto1 Group, The Hut Group. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United Kingdom. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Finance, Software.
The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The common things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars. When the investment is from Barclays PLC the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 2 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The top activity for fund was in 2019. Opposing the other organizations, this Barclays PLC works on 5 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
The overall number of key employees were 24.
|Jarnac Capital Management||-|
|NDRC LaunchPad||County Dublin, Dublin, Ireland|
|Principal Global Investors||Des Moines, Iowa, United States|
|Red Bridge Capital||Salt Lake City, United States, Utah|
|Samsonite||Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States|
|Scope Capital Advisory||Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden|
|Spark Ventures||China, Hong Kong, Kowloon|
|Taibai Manor||China, Shaanxi, Xian Shi|
|THQ||Agoura Hills, California, United States|
|Zhangke Lingyi Investment||China, Shanghai|
|$70M||16 May 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$12M||04 May 2022||United Kingdom, England, United Kingdom|
|$4M||28 Mar 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$300M||17 Mar 2022||New York, New York, United States|
Coffee Masters UK
|$700K||10 Mar 2022||Wychavon, England, United Kingdom|
|$1B||31 Jan 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$6M||10 Jan 2022||Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom|
|$50M||06 Jan 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$500M||23 Dec 2021||Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico|
– Amount, a company that provides technology to banks and financial institutions, has raised $99m in a Series D funding round at a valuation of just over $1b.
– WestCap, a growth equity firm founded by ex-Airbnb and Blackstone CFO Laurence Tosi, led the round. Hanaco Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Invus Opportunities and Barclays Principal Investments also participated.
– The investment comes just over five months after Amount raised $86m in a Series C round at a valuation of $686m. (The original raise was $81m, but Barclays Principal Investments invested $5m as part of a second close of the Series C round). And that round came just three months after the Chicago-based startup quietly raised $58m in a Series B round in March.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.