In 2005 was created Dawn Capital, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the London. The company was established in Europe in United Kingdom.
This organization was formed by Haakon Overli, Norman Fiore. We also calculated 6 valuable employees in our database.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight IZettle, Collibra, Showpad. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United Kingdom. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are E-Commerce, Big Data.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Dawn Capital, startups are often financed by Index Ventures, Battery Ventures, Kleiner Perkins. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Index Ventures, Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Battery Ventures, Index Ventures, Insight Partners.
Opposing the other organizations, this Dawn Capital works on 13 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. When the investment is from Dawn Capital the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 15 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2015.
Funds with similar focus
|$240M||16 Aug 2021||Norway, Oslo|
|$180M||20 Jul 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$153M||13 Jul 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$70M||30 Jun 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$127M||24 Jun 2021||Israel, Tel Aviv-Yafo|
|$30M||02 Jun 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$51M||18 May 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$15M||22 Apr 2021||Denmark, Copenhagen|
|$21M||17 Mar 2021||Israel, Tel Aviv-Yafo|
– Gelato from Oslo, Norway provides a platform that enables ecommerce entrepreneurs to produce and ship creations on demand. – The company raised $240m in funding. – The round was led by Insight Partners, with participation form SoftBank Vision Fund 2, as well as funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management, and existing investors Dawn Capital, John Hepburn, chairman of Gelato, SEB Pension Fund, and Tellef Thorleifsson (CEO of Norfund). – The new investment will be used to accelerate the company’s... Read more
– Dataiku announced $400m Series E investment led by Tiger Global, with participation from several existing investors, including ICONIQ Growth, CapitalG, FirstMark Capital, Battery Ventures, Snowflake Ventures, and Dawn Capital, as well as new investors including Insight Partners, Eurazeo, Lightrock, and Datadog CEO Olivier Pomel. – This capital, which brings the company’s valuation to $4.6b, will power Dataiku’s mission to systemize the use of data for exceptional business results. – Dataiku enables over 450 co... Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.