Digital Currency Group appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2015. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the New York.
The high activity for fund was in 2016. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 10 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. This Digital Currency Group works on 23 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The typical startup value when the investment from Digital Currency Group is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 deals per year.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Digital Currency Group, startups are often financed by Boost VC, Union Square Ventures, FundersClub. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are SV Angel, RRE Ventures, Future Perfect Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Digital Finance Group, Union Square Ventures, Boost VC.
Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Finance, Cryptocurrency. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Coinbase, Kraken Bitcoin Exchange, Circle Internet Financial
The current fund was established by Barry Silbert. We also calculated 8 valuable employees in our database.
|380M||10 Jun 2021||France, Paris|
|11M||08 Jun 2021||United Kingdom, Newcastle upon Tyne|
|440M||29 May 2021||Egypt, Cairo|
|200M||20 May 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|10M||12 May 2021|
|23 Mar 2021|
|10 Mar 2021|
|10M||17 Feb 2021||United States, Los Angeles|
|01 Jan 2021||United States, San Francisco|
– Vincent, an alternative asset aggregation hub, raised $6m in Series A funding. – The round was led by LAUNCH with additional investment from 8VC and Digital Currency Group, among others. – The platform has 75 partner platforms integrated with the site. Read more
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.