This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, San Francisco
AgFunder was established in 2013, and is a well known VC. The primary office of this VC is located in San Francisco. This investor is located in North America, United States.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 4-5 others. Besides AgFunder, start-ups are typically funded by Terra Venture Partners, SOSV, RebelBio and 3 more VCs. The most common co-investors for the fund are Xandex Ventures, Rhapsody Venture Partners, Natural Products Canada and also 2 different VCs. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by EASME - EU Executive Agency for SMEs, Xandex Ventures, The Yield Lab.
The fund has specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up. When a start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 2-3 years old to get investment from this fund. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Software, Farming. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - United States. In addition to this location, the fund participated in 6 other locations. ImpactVision, Chinova Bioworks, Aerobotics are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund.
This VC was founded by Melissa Tilney, Michael Dean, Rob Leclerc. The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 2.
The fund's activity peaked in 2019. The fund performance shows that this VC achieves 7 percentage points less exits in comparison to other VCs. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are most common for this fund. The fund generally invests in 2-6 deals every year.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: agfunder.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first, first '.' last
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
21.4% of cases
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.