In 2013 was created AgFunder, which is appeared as VC. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco.
This organization was formed by Melissa Tilney, Michael Dean, Rob Leclerc. The overall number of key employees were 2.
The high activity for fund was in 2019. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The real fund results show that this VC is 7 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies.
The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight ImpactVision, Chinova Bioworks, Aerobotics. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Software, Farming. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the AgFunder, startups are often financed by Terra Venture Partners, SOSV, RebelBio. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Xandex Ventures, Rhapsody Venture Partners, Natural Products Canada. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by EASME - EU Executive Agency for SMEs, Xandex Ventures, The Yield Lab.
Funds with similar focus
|$2M||09 Jun 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$4M||01 Jun 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
Mazen Animal Health
|$11M||25 May 2022||City of Saint Louis, Missouri, United States|
|$68M||09 May 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$3M||03 May 2022||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|$5M||27 Apr 2022||India, Rajasthan, India|
Green Rebel Foods
|$7M||30 Mar 2022||Kedoya Selatan, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia|
|$3M||25 Mar 2022||Albany, California, United States|
|$36M||01 Feb 2022||Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Region, Saudi Arabia|
– Ai Palette, a startup that uses machine learning to help companies spot trends in real time and get them retail-ready, raised $4.4m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by pi Ventures and Exfinity Venture Partners, and also included participation from returning backers food tech venture firm AgFunder and Decacorn Capital, and new investor Anthill Ventures.
– The company plans to use the funding to expand into more markets and fill engineering and data science roles.
– Sydney-based Fable Food, a plant-based food startup, raised $6.5m in seed funding.
– The round was led by Blackbird Ventures and joined by AgFunder, Aera VC, Better Bite Ventures, Ban Choon Marketing and former Sequoia Capital partner Warren Hogarth.
– The company plans to launch in the United States by the end of this year.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.