In 2005 was created Blackbird Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the La Jolla. The venture was found in North America in United States.
The current fund was established by Neil Senturia. The overall number of key employees were 1.
The important activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. This Blackbird Ventures works on 23 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. The real fund results show that this VC is 30 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The average startup value when the investment from Blackbird Ventures is 100-500 millions dollars. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Blackbird Ventures, startups are often financed by Index Ventures, Felicis Ventures, Southern Cross Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Index Ventures, Sean Parker, Sapphire Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Blackbird Ventures (Australia), SOSV, Qualgro VC.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Bugcrowd, Dealstruck, Applied. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Real Time, Marketing Automation. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
|$2M||15 Dec 2022||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia|
|$21M||13 Dec 2022||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|$2M||05 Dec 2022||Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand|
|$8M||11 Nov 2022||Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia|
|$2M||07 Nov 2022||Australia, Isabela, Philippines|
|$10M||03 Nov 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$15M||12 Oct 2022||Wollongong City Council, New South Wales, Australia|
|$25M||15 Sep 2022||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|$1M||08 Sep 2022||Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand|
– Canva – a global visual communications platform based in Sidney, Australia – raised USD $200m in a funding round which valued the company at USD $40b.
– The round was led by T. Rowe Price with participation from new and existing strategic investors Franklin Templeton, Sequoia Capital Global Equities, Bessemer Venture Partners, Greenoaks Capital, Dragoneer Investments, Blackbird, Felicis, and AirTree Ventures.
– The company intends to use the funds to accelerate growth, including expanding its team of more than 2,000 employees, which it is expected to double in the year ahead.
– Sydney-based Fable Food, a plant-based food startup, raised $6.5m in seed funding.
– The round was led by Blackbird Ventures and joined by AgFunder, Aera VC, Better Bite Ventures, Ban Choon Marketing and former Sequoia Capital partner Warren Hogarth.
– The company plans to launch in the United States by the end of this year.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.