The Yield Lab
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, St Louis
The Yield Lab was established in 2014, and is a well known VC. The primary office of this VC is located in St Louis. This investor is located in North America, United States.
The fund was established by Thad Simons.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 other investors. Aside from The Yield Lab, start-ups are often funded by SOSV, NXTP Labs, BioGenerator and 2 other funds. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are BioGenerator, St. Louis Arch Angels, SOSV, the total number of co-investors is 7. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Missouri Technology Corporation, Cultivation Capital, St. Louis Arch Angels, as well as 5 other investors.
Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. When The Yield Lab invests, the average start-up valuation is 1-5 millions dollars. The fund usually participates in 2-6 investment rounds per year. In terms of the fund's performance, this VC has 12 percentage points more exits when compared to other organizations. In 2018, the fund's activity was at its peak. In addition, the fund was active in 2019.
ImpactVision, GroGuru, S4 are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Besides this, the fund also invested in 3 other countries. The fund has no specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up. When a start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 2-3 years old to get investment from this fund. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified AgTech, Food and Beverage. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 8 more industries for this fund.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: theyieldlab.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
12.5% of cases
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.