Legend Star appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2008. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Beijing. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in China.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Legend Star works on 27 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. When the investment is from Legend Star the average startup value is 50-100 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 1 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The important activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Pony.ai, Burning Rock Biotech, Orvibo. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - China. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Mobile, Information Technology. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
We also calculated 3 valuable employees in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 participants. Despite the Legend Star, startups are often financed by ZhenFund, Comet Labs, The Cross Country Group. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Legend Capital, Sequoia Capital China, LYFE Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sequoia Capital China, Legend Capital, Baidu Ventures.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
97.1% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
17.6% of cases
Average Multiplicator [the average ratio of the last valuation of portfolio startups to their total amount of financing raised]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.2 out of 1
Number of Unicorns [amount of portfolio companies, which were valuated at more then $1B]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.