Baidu Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2016. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in China. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Beijing.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Baidu Ventures, startups are often financed by Legend Star, Shunwei Capital, ZhenFund. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Shunwei Capital, Tsingyuan Ventures, Sequoia Capital China. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Shunwei Capital, Lenovo Capital and Incubator Group (LCIG), Legend Capital.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The average startup value when the investment from Baidu Ventures is 10-50 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 19 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 investment rounds annually. Opposing the other organizations, this Baidu Ventures works on 28 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2018.
The overall number of key employees were 3.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Taihe Music Group, Insilico Medicine, Atomwise. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Artificial Intelligence, Biotechnology. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - China.
Funds with similar focus
|$61M||03 Aug 2021||China, Shanghai|
Beijing Gene+ Technology
|$115M||22 Jul 2021||China, Changping District|
|$255M||22 Jun 2021||China, Hong Kong Island|
|$20M||15 Jun 2021||China, Huangpu|
|$61M||08 Jun 2021||China, Qingyang District|
|$43M||26 May 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|05 Nov 2020||China, Dongcheng District|
|$15M||25 Sep 2020||China, Shangcheng District|
|$15M||27 Mar 2020||United States, Palo Alto|
– Insilico Medicine announced that it has closed a $255m Series C. – The financing led by Warburg Pincus, and participated by current investors including Qiming Venture Partners, Pavilion Capital, Eight Roads Ventures, Lilly Asia Ventures, Sinovation Ventures, BOLD Capital Partners, Formic Ventures, Baidu Ventures, and new investors including CPE, OrbiMed, Mirae Asset Capital, B Capital Group, Deerfield Management, Maison Capital, Lake Bleu Capital, President International Development Corporation, Sequoia Capital Chin... Read more
– Engine Biosciences announced the successful completion of an oversubscribed $43m Series A funding round. – Engine identifies errors in the complex genetic codes of diseases, fixing them with precise therapeutic solutions. – This round was led by Polaris Partners and also included new investors Invus and one of the world’s premier institutional investors, based in Singapore. – Existing investors also participated in the Series A, which included 6 Dimensions Capital, WuXi AppTec, DHVC, EDBI, Baidu Ventures... Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.