In 1997 was created Vivo Capital, which is appeared as VC. The venture was found in North America in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Palo Alto.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Vivo Capital, startups are often financed by Sofinnova Investments, OrbiMed, Third Rock Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are InterWest Partners, Frazier Healthcare Partners, Aisling Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sofinnova Investments, Aisling Capital, Technology Partners.
The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline ZAI Lab, Harmony Biosciences, Passage Bio Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Medical, Genetics.
This organization was formed by Edgar G. Engleman. The overall number of key employees were 11.
Comparing to the other companies, this Vivo Capital performs on 11 percentage points more the average number of lead investments. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. When the investment is from Vivo Capital the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2015. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 6 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
Funds with similar focus
|Pall||United States, Port Washington|
|NexGen Energy||Canada, Vancouver|
|Rosario Capital LTD||Israel, Tel Aviv|
|Actium Funds||United States, Salt Lake City|
|Xuebao No.1||China, Haidian|
|Kun Lun Stone Capital||China, Shenzhen|
|RRC Group||Russia, Moscow|
|Xin Chang Electronics Technology||-|
|Dingqing Investment||China, Beijing|
|TriplePoint Ventures||United States, Menlo Park|
|Vertex Asia Fund||Russia, Moscow|
|Cognosante||United States, McLean|
|Capital Fund Management||France, Paris|
|Q Investments||United States, Fort Worth|
|The Optimas Group||United States, Omaha|
|Varsity Ventures||United States, Stanford|
|Grit Ventures||United States, Menlo Park|
|New Science Ventures||United States, New York|
|Rubicon Venture Capital||United States, San Francisco|
|$116M||08 Sep 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$60M||26 Aug 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$200M||26 May 2021|
|$18M||25 May 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$95M||21 May 2021||United States, Lower Merion Township|
|$100M||28 Apr 2021||United States, Salt Lake City|
|23 Apr 2021||China, Shanghai|
|$73M||30 Mar 2021||United States, Palo Alto|
|$40M||29 Mar 2021||United States, San Diego|
– Neurogastrx, a privately held specialty pharmaceutical company developing transformative therapies for gastrointestinal (GI) disorders, announced the successful completion of a $60m Series B crossover round led by Vivo Capital. – Other new investors participating in the Series B round include RTW Investments, Samsara BioCapital and Marshall Wace, joining 5AM Ventures, venBio and OrbiMed Advisors. – Proceeds from the financing will be used to advance the company’s pipeline of GI therapies for serious conditions... Read more
– RayzeBio, Inc. announced a $108m Series C financing led by Venrock Healthcare Capital Partners alongside new investors Perceptive Advisors, Vivo Capital, Acuta Capital Partners, Deerfield Management, and TCG X. – Also participating were all of Rayze’s existing investors: venBio Partners, Versant Ventures, Samsara BioCapital, Redmile Group, Viking Global Investors, Cormorant Asset Management, OrbiMed, LifeSci Venture Partners, Logos Capital, Alexandria Venture Investments, and others. – The targeted radiopharma... Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.