Sequoia Capital China appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2005. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in China. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Beijing.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Toutiao, JD.com, Meituan-Dianping. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - China. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Internet, Software.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Sequoia Capital China, startups are often financed by Shunwei Capital, SIG China (SIG Asia Investments), Gobi Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Xianghe Capital, Morningside Venture Capital, Linear Venture. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SIG China (SIG Asia Investments), Lightspeed China Partners, Gaorong Capital.
The overall number of key employees were 3.
The fund is constantly included in 25-48 deals per year. The typical startup value when the investment from Sequoia Capital China is more than 1 billion dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. This Sequoia Capital China works on 16 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The real fund results show that this VC is 33 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The common things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars.
|25M||27 Nov 2013|
|20M||13 Aug 2019||China, Dongcheng District|
|32M||03 Jan 2019||Australia, Sydney|
360 Corporate Safety
|25M||15 Nov 2006||China, Dongcheng District|
|7M||23 Jul 2018||China, Jianggan District|
|58M||15 May 2017||China, Shanghai|
|16 Jun 2015||China, Dongcheng District|
|8M||03 Apr 2017||United States, New York|
|13 Dec 2015||China, Beijing|
|1M||01 Jan 2012||China, Dongcheng District|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.