Sequoia Capital China appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2005. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in China. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Beijing.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Toutiao, JD.com, Meituan-Dianping. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - China. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Internet, Software.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Sequoia Capital China, startups are often financed by Shunwei Capital, SIG China (SIG Asia Investments), Gobi Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Xianghe Capital, Morningside Venture Capital, Linear Venture. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SIG China (SIG Asia Investments), Lightspeed China Partners, Gaorong Capital.
The overall number of key employees were 3.
The fund is constantly included in 25-48 deals per year. The typical startup value when the investment from Sequoia Capital China is more than 1 billion dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. This Sequoia Capital China works on 16 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The real fund results show that this VC is 33 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The common things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars.
|21 Nov 2022||Xicheng, Hebei, China|
|18 Nov 2022||Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China|
|10 Nov 2022||Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China|
|$9M||08 Nov 2022||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|$15M||06 Nov 2022||Shanghai, Shanghai, China|
|$30M||27 Oct 2022||Dongcheng District, Beijing, China|
|18 Oct 2022||Ningbo, Zhejiang, China|
|$100M||10 Oct 2022||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|01 Oct 2022||Shanghai, Shanghai, China|
– ShouTi Inc. announced the close of a $100m Series B financing round.
– The round was led by BVF Partners. Additional new investors include Casdin Capital, Cormorant Asset Management, Janus Henderson Investors, Lilly Asia Ventures, Monashee Capital, Sage Partners, Stork Capital, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), TCG X, Terra Magnum Capital Partners, Woodline Partners, and co-founder and strategic partner Schrödinger.
– Existing investors also participated in the financing, including Eight Roads, F-Prime Capital Partners, Qiming Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital China, TF Capital and Wuxi AppTec.
– Outer, the fastest growing direct-to-consumer home brand of 2020, announces the close of a $50M Series B investment round.
– The new investment was led by Kathy Xu of Capital Today along with Tribe Capital, C Ventures, TRAC VC, and Upfront Ventures.
– Existing investors, including Sequoia Capital China, Mucker Capital, Mantis VC, Unpopular Ventures, and Reimagined Ventures also participated in the round.
– Outer raised $10.5M in Series A funding in January 2021, bringing the startup’s total funding to $65M.
– Outer was named the fastest growing home brand of 2020 by SimilarWeb and Business Insider, experiencing a 1000%+ increase in sales amid the pandemic.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.