In 1996 was created DCM Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Menlo Park. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The current fund was established by David Chao, Dixon Doll. The overall number of key employees were 11.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the DCM Ventures, startups are often financed by ZhenFund, Norwest Venture Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Venrock, Qiming Venture Partners, Partech. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tencent Holdings, Sequoia Capital China, Highland Capital Partners.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Renren Inc., Social Finance (SoFi), Uxin For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Information Technology, Mobile. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2014. When the investment is from DCM Ventures the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Comparing to the other companies, this DCM Ventures performs on 11 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 9 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
|30M||15 Dec 1999||United States, Denver|
|6M||13 Feb 2004||United States, Denver|
|458M||06 Dec 2018||Japan, Chiyoda|
|45M||28 Sep 2018||China, Dongcheng District|
|50M||22 Oct 2019||China, Dongcheng District|
|133M||17 Dec 2018||China, Yuexiu District|
|50M||21 Feb 2019||China, Dongcheng District|
|200M||19 Jul 2017||United States, South San Francisco|
|6M||27 Jul 2011||United States, New York|
|13M||25 Oct 2019||United States, Los Angeles|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.