Tencent Holdings is the famous Corporate Investor, which was founded in 1998. The venture was found in Asia in China. The main office of represented Corporate Investor is situated in the Shenzhen.
When the investment is from Tencent Holdings the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 38 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The common things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 25-48 deals per year. Comparing to the other companies, this Tencent Holdings performs on 15 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
This organization was formed by Chen Ye Xu, Pony Ma, Zhidong Zhang. The overall number of key employees were 42.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Mobile Apps, Internet. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - China. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Uber, Didi Chuxing, Meituan-Dianping
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Tencent Holdings, startups are often financed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global Management, Spark Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are SV Angel, Matrix Partners China, ZhenFund. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Qiming Venture Partners, Sinovation Ventures, Matrix Partners China.
|$3M||28 Dec 2021||Jing'an District, China|
|$296M||20 Dec 2021||Gurgaon, Haryana, India|
|$21M||16 Dec 2021||Oxford, England, United Kingdom|
|$15M||09 Dec 2021||Jos, Plateau, Nigeria|
|$103M||08 Dec 2021||Paris, Ile-de-France, France|
|$70M||07 Dec 2021||Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China|
|$53M||06 Dec 2021||Espoo, Uusimaa, Finland|
|$46M||25 Nov 2021||Yuexiu District, Guangdong Province, China|
|$2B||24 Nov 2021||Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia|
– Bux, a startup from Amsterdam that lets people invest in shares and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) without paying commissions (its pricing is based on flat €1 fees for certain services, no fees for others), has picked up some investment of its own, an $80 million round that it will be using to grow its business.
– The funding is coming from Prosus Ventures and Tencent (in which Prosus, the tech division of Naspers, is a major investor), as well as ABN Amro Ventures, Citius, Optiver and Endeit Capital — all new investors — as well as previous backers HV Capital and Velocity Capital Fintech Ventures.
– Bux founder Nick Bortot is stepping away and Yorick Naeff, an early employee of the company who had been the COO, is taking over.
– Momenta, a Chinese autonomous driving startup, raised $500m funding.
– The round was led by SAIC Motor, Toyota and Bosch.
– Other participants included Mercedes-Benz AG, Xiaomi founder Lei Jun’s Shunwei Capital, Tencent, Cathay Capital and a few undisclosed institutions.
– It’s rare to see Tencent and Alibaba (or their affiliates) co-invest.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.