In 1988 was created BlackRock, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the New York. The company was established in North America in United States.
The top activity for fund was in 2019. The common things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 26 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. When the investment is from BlackRock the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. Comparing to the other companies, this BlackRock performs on 9 percentage points more the average number of lead investments.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the BlackRock, startups are often financed by Tenaya Capital, Index Ventures, Greylock Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Wellington Management. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by IVP (Institutional Venture Partners), Credit Suisse, UBS.
This organization was formed by Sue Wagner. Besides them, we counted 19 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are SaaS, Enterprise Software. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Uber, Dropbox, Coupang. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund.
Funds with similar focus
|$440M||30 Aug 2021||United States, Cambridge|
|$200M||18 Aug 2021||United States, Salt Lake City|
|17 Aug 2021||United States, Houston|
|$300M||03 Aug 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$300M||29 Jul 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$450M||27 Jul 2021||United States, Palo Alto|
|$4B||26 Jul 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$350M||23 Jul 2021||United States, Stamford|
|$165M||22 Jul 2021||United States, " United States"}|
– Elvie, a women’s health tech company, raised $97m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by BGF and BlackRock alongside existing investors including Octopus Ventures.
– It brings Elvie to a valuation of $1.2 billion.
– The Series C will be used to drive more growth through geographical expansion (including entering new markets) and diversifying its product portfolio to target other “key stages” in women’s lives.
– Data labeling platform Snorkel AI announced it has raised $85 million in a series C round co-led by Addition and funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, with participation from Greylock, GV, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Nepenthe Capital, and Walden.
– The round, which brings Snorkel’s total raised to $135 million and its valuation to $1 billion, will be used to continue scaling its engineering team, according to CEO Alex Ratner.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.