Tenaya Capital appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2009. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Portola Valley. The company was established in North America in United States.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Information Technology, E-Commerce. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Qunar.com, Eventbrite, Infoblox.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Tenaya Capital, startups are often financed by Venrock, Menlo Ventures, Sigma Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Intel Capital, Index Ventures, Four Rivers Group. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Shasta Ventures, Sequoia Capital Israel, Andreessen Horowitz.
The typical startup value when the investment from Tenaya Capital is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. Opposing the other organizations, this Tenaya Capital works on 3 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018.
Besides them, we counted 6 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|Block Hype||China, Shenzhen|
|Infoseek||United States, Sunnyvale|
|ASOS||United Kingdom, London|
|Edge Group||United States, Houston|
|TNInvestco||United States, Nashville|
|Anvil Partners||United Kingdom, London|
|Spirox||United States, Sunnyvale|
|infoseek||United States, Sunnyvale|
|Mobile Dreams Factory||Spain, Madrid|
|Xiamen Changrong Investment Management||China, Xiamen|
|$150M||03 Mar 2021||United States, Sunnyvale|
|$60M||21 Dec 2020||United States, San Francisco|
|$20M||16 Jun 2020||United States, Palo Alto|
|$31M||13 Apr 2020||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|$50M||18 Dec 2019||United States, New York|
|$60M||10 Oct 2019||United States, Sunnyvale|
|$130M||19 Jun 2019||United States, Sunnyvale|
|$103M||12 Jun 2019||United States, San Francisco|
|$16M||11 Jun 2019||United States, New York|
– Canopy announced it has received $11m in new funding from investors including Ankona Capital. – The round includes new investor Ankona Capital as well as existing investors NewView Capital, Pelion Venture Partners and Tenaya Capital among others. – This new capital will be used to continue to build the accounting industry’s first cloud-first, mobile, modern practice suite. – Canopy is investing in the development of its product in order to be at the forefront of this trend, identifying pain points and de... Read more
– Fireblocks, a cryptocurrency custody company, raised $133m funding. – The round was led by Coatue, Ribbit and Stripes. – BNY and Silicon Valley Bank are also participating in the funding round. – Existing investors Paradigm, Galaxy Digital, Swisscom Ventures, Tenaya Capital and Cyberstarts Ventures are investing once again. – Overall, Fireblocks has raised $179m since day one. – The company doesn’t have a consumer-facing product. – Instead, it sells its products to banks, fintech startu... Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.