Wellington Management appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1970. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Boston. The company was established in North America in United States.
Besides them, we counted 2 critical employees of this fund in our database.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Internet, Software. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Uber, WeWork, Airbnb. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund.
The top activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. Deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund. This Wellington Management works on 12 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 16 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The average startup value when the investment from Wellington Management is more than 1 billion dollars.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the Wellington Management, startups are often financed by New Enterprise Associates, Greylock Partners, General Catalyst. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Tiger Global Management, RA Capital Management, IVP (Institutional Venture Partners). In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by EquityZen, SoftBank Investment Advisers, SharesPost Investment Management.
|60M||29 Apr 2014||United States, San Jose|
|350M||24 Oct 2014||United States, Atlanta|
|72M||27 May 2014|
|71M||18 Dec 2014||United States, Seattle|
|60M||11 Aug 2014|
|11M||12 Feb 2014||United States, Wilmington|
|250M||15 Sep 2017|
|50M||12 Aug 2015||United States, New York|
|500M||21 Oct 2020||United States, New York|
|73M||14 Sep 2020||United States, South San Francisco|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.