In 1982 was created Sierra Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The venture was found in North America in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the San Mateo.
We also calculated 7 valuable employees in our database.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Sierra Ventures, startups are often financed by AngelPad, Canaan Partners, Storm Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Battery Ventures, Translink Capital, Dell Technologies Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by NeoCarta Ventures, Intel Capital, Translink Capital.
Comparing to the other companies, this Sierra Ventures performs on 6 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2017. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 8 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The typical startup value when the investment from Sierra Ventures is 100-500 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2008. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are SaaS, Internet. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Sourcefire, Accruent, InvenSense.
Funds with similar focus
|$12M||04 Aug 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$6M||07 Jun 2022||Orlando, Florida, United States|
|$25M||19 Apr 2022||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|$213M||23 Mar 2022||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|$15M||15 Mar 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$11M||03 Mar 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$5M||01 Mar 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$2M||14 Feb 2022||Newark, Delaware, United States|
|$8M||25 Jan 2022||Palo Alto, California, United States|
– DeepHow, the AI company that turns technical know-how into smart, how-to training videos, has closed $9M in pre-Series A funding.
– Sierra Ventures, a specialist in early-stage VC funding, led the round with participation by Osage Venture Partners, Qualcomm Ventures LLC, and pre-seed investor Foothill Ventures.
– The company will use this additional funding to solidify its technical lead, accelerate its market expansion in Asia, and fuel its enterprise sales and marketing initiatives.
– Enable, a San Francisco, CA-based cloud-based software solution for B2B rebate management, raised $45m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Norwest Venture Partners with participation from previous investors Menlo Ventures and Sierra Ventures, along with several angel investors.
– The new investment will be used to continue to expand operations and its business reach.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.