In 2011 was created Designer Fund, which is appeared as VC. The venture was found in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco.
This organization was formed by Ben Blumenfeld, Enrique Allen. Besides them, we counted 2 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Stripe, Gusto, Omada Health. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are FinTech, Software. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 1 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with more than 10 partakers. Despite the Designer Fund, startups are often financed by Sequoia Capital, Sherpa Capital, SV Angel. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Slow Ventures, SV Angel, Kleiner Perkins. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, Andreessen Horowitz.
The important activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. This Designer Fund works on 16 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The typical startup value when the investment from Designer Fund is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars.
Funds with similar focus
|Aries Holding BV||Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, The Netherlands|
|Beijing Venture Road Coffee||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Easyhome||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|HDFC Standard Life Insurance||India, Maharashtra, Mumbai|
|London Technology Club||-|
|One Brave Idea||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Peters & Co.||-|
|$10M||22 Nov 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$24M||13 Oct 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$5M||21 Sep 2022||Oakland, California, United States|
|$3M||20 Jun 2022||Washington, District of Columbia, United States|
|$15M||31 May 2022||Oakland, California, United States|
|$5M||08 Mar 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$6M||05 Jan 2022||Berkeley, California, United States|
|$20M||15 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$40M||01 Nov 2021||Fremont, California, United States|
– Felt, a collaborative software company, raised $4.5m in funding.
– The round was led by Bain Capital Ventures and joined by Designer Fund, Allison Pickens, Akshay Kothari (COO of Notion), Dylan Field (CEO of Figma) John Lily (former CEO of Firefox), Julia and Kevin Hartz, and Keval Desai.
– The company plans to use the funding to grow its fully distributed six-person team to bring on more front-end, back-end and product engineers, as well as product and brand designers.
– Felt allows users to build a map with data sets integrated into it.
– Pequity is a San Francisco, Calif. – based intelligent compensation platform that allows companies to create fair and competitive compensation programs.
– The company raised $19m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Norwest Venture Partners with participation from First Round Capital, Designer Fund, and Scribble Ventures.
– The new investment will be used to continue investing in product development and expand its hiring.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.