Commerce Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2013. The company was established in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Commerce Ventures, startups are often financed by Two Sigma Ventures, August Capital, First Round Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Nyca Partners, Freestyle Capital, August Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Scale Venture Partners, Industry Ventures, F-Prime Capital.
The current fund was established by Dan Rosen, Daniel Rosen. Besides them, we counted 8 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The average startup value when the investment from Commerce Ventures is 1-5 millions dollars. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. Opposing the other organizations, this Commerce Ventures works on 20 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 11 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Marqeta, MX Technologies, RetailNext. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are FinTech, Finance.
Funds with similar focus
|$77M||25 Aug 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$1M||16 Jul 2021||United States, Dallas|
|$13M||29 Jun 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$39M||07 Jun 2021||United States, Berkeley|
|$60M||27 May 2021||California Oakland United States|
|$60M||25 May 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$15M||05 Apr 2021||Connecticut New Haven United States|
|22 Feb 2021||Austin Texas United States|
|$11M||07 Dec 2020||Durham North Carolina United States|
– Spenmo, a Singapore-based provider of payments software for growing businesses, raised a US$34M Series A funding.
– The round was led by New York-based private equity and venture capital firm Insight Partners with participation from Lee Fixel’s Addition, Salesforce Ventures, Alpha JWC, Global Founders’ Capital, Broadhaven, Operator Partners and Commerce Ventures, and angel investors such as William Hockey (Founder of Plaid), Reuben Lai (Senior MD, Grab Financial Group) and Ongki Kurniawan (Head of Stripe Indonesia, Ex-Head of Grab Indonesia).
– After its launch in Singapore last year, Spenmo has since expanded across Southeast Asia and has thousands of customers from various sectors, including high-growth startups, SMBs, mid-market companies, and accounting firms.
– Marpipe announced its completion of an $8m Series A funding round.
– The raise was led by Stage 2 Capital with participation from ValueStream Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Ripple Ventures, and Samsung NEXT.
– Laconia Capital Group, Math Capital, and TIA Ventures were among those entities that deepened their existing investments into the future of data-driven creative.
– Marpipe secured all major allocations into the Series A within four weeks.
– Key investors include Mark Roberge, former CRO of Hubspot, currently Partner at Stage 2 Capital; Greg Coleman, former President of HuffPost, BuzzFeed, and Criteo; Ari Paparo, Founder & CEO of Beeswax and Head of Partnerships & Strategy at FreeWheel; Brendan Gahan, Chief Social Officer at Mekanism; and Eric Franchi, Founder of Undertone.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.