In 1984 was created August Capital, which is appeared as VC. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Menlo Park.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2013. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The real fund results show that this VC is 18 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The top activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. This August Capital works on 6 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. When the investment is from August Capital the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the August Capital, startups are often financed by Maveron, 500 Startups, SV Angel. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are New Enterprise Associates, Focus Ventures, U.S. Venture Partners (USVP). In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by True Ventures, Mayfield Fund, Shasta Ventures.
This organization was formed by David Marquardt, John Johnston. The overall number of key employees were 14.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Advertising, Enterprise Software. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight zulily, Avant, Splunk. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
|16M||16 Nov 2010||United States, San Jose|
|6M||04 Aug 2010|
|20M||06 Feb 2014||United States, Sunnyvale|
|7M||12 Aug 2010||United States, Redwood City|
|10M||01 Aug 2007||United States, Menlo Park|
|7M||17 Oct 2008||United States, Milpitas|
|15M||01 Apr 2012||United States, Milpitas|
|12M||08 Feb 2013||United States, Sunnyvale|
|8M||22 Dec 2009||United States, Seattle|
|16M||16 Nov 2010||United States, Sunnyvale|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.