SoftBank appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1981. The venture was found in Asia in Japan. The main department of described VC is located in the Tokyo.
This organization was formed by Masayoshi Son. The overall number of key employees were 8.
The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The real fund results show that this VC is 28 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars. When the investment is from SoftBank the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2019. This SoftBank works on 9 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Alibaba, ByteDance, Didi Chuxing. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Artificial Intelligence, Network Security. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the SoftBank, startups are often financed by Sequoia Capital India, QED Investors, Mobius Venture Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Tencent Holdings, Spark Capital, Tiger Global Management. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SoftBank Capital, SoftBank Investment Advisers, Spark Capital.
Funds with similar focus
|$158M||28 Jun 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$23M||21 Jun 2022||Palo Alto, California, United States|
|$2M||19 May 2022||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|$100M||16 May 2022||Singapore, Central Region, Singapore|
|$100M||11 May 2022||São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil|
|$3M||18 Mar 2022||Buenaventura, Valle del Cauca, Colombia|
|$30M||16 Mar 2022||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|$2M||15 Mar 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$7M||10 Feb 2022||Palo Alto, California, United States|
– Kavak, a Mexico City-based startup that operates a pre-owned car marketplace in Latin America, announced that it has raised a massive $700 million in a Series E round that more than doubles the company’s valuation to $8.7 billion.
– Cambridge, Massachusetts-based General Catalyst led Kavak’s Series E, which brings the company’s total raised to over $1.5 billion since its 2016 inception.
– Tiger Global, Spruce House, D1, SEA, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, SoftBank and others also participated in the latest financing.
– Hexagon Bio, a biopharmaceutical company pioneering the discovery of medicines encoded in the global metagenome, announced that it has raised $61 million to fuel the continued development of its platform to design and develop new therapeutics mined from microbial genomes.
– Nextech Invest led the financing, with participation from new investors SoftBank Vision Fund 2* and Casdin Capital, as well as existing investors The Column Group, 8VC, and Two Sigma Ventures.
– Hexagon’s interdisciplinary platform combines technological advances and proprietary insights across machine learning, genomics, synthetic biology and automation to systematically discover new chemical compounds linked to known protein targets.
– Hexagon has built a database of microbial genomes that is more than twice the size of all public databases and is adding thousands of additional genomes per month.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.