Global Brain Corporation is the famous VC, which was founded in 1998. The main department of described VC is located in the Tokyo. The venture was found in Asia in Japan.
Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Software, Machine Learning. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Mercari, Seismic, Base For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Japan.
Opposing the other organizations, this Global Brain Corporation works on 16 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 10 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The typical startup value when the investment from Global Brain Corporation is more than 1 billion dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 deals per year.
The current fund was established by Yasuhiko Yurimoto. We also calculated 9 valuable employees in our database.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Global Brain Corporation, startups are often financed by East Ventures, Mizuho Capital, ITOCHU Technology Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sony Financial Ventures, Mizuho Capital, SBI Investment. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, SBI Investment, KDDI Open Innovation Fund.
Funds with similar focus
|29 Sep 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
|14 Sep 2022||Tokyo, Kantō, Japan|
|$40M||06 Sep 2022||Tokyo, Kantō, Japan|
|$44M||05 Sep 2022||Singapore, Central, Singapore|
|$12M||31 Aug 2022||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|22 Aug 2022||Koto, Japan|
|03 Aug 2022||Minato, Japan|
|02 Aug 2022||Minato, Japan|
Clean Energy Connect
|01 Aug 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
– Balance Re is a London UK and Cologne, Germany-based life reinsurance startup.
– The company raised $10m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Anthemis Group, with participation from Global Brain, Roland Berger Industries GmbH and Talabot Finance.
– The new investment will be used to further support the company’s recently licensed, Cologne- based German reinsurance company.
– CADDi, a B2B ordering and supply platform in the manufacturing and procurement industry, raised $73m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Globis Capital Partners and World Innovation Lab (WiL), with participation from existing investors DCM and Global Brain.
– Six new investors also joined the round including Arena Holdings, DST Global, Minerva Growth Partners, Tybourne Capital Management, JAFCO Group and SBI Investment.
– The post-money valuation is estimated at $450m.
– The funding proceeds will be used for accelerating digital transformation of the platform, hiring and expanding to global markets.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.