Spark Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2005. The main department of described VC is located in the Boston. The company was established in North America in United States.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Twitter, Slack Technologies, Coinbase. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Enterprise Software, E-Commerce. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The current fund was established by Paul Conway, Santo Politi, Todd Dagres. The overall number of key employees were 9.
The fund is constantly included in 25-48 deals per year. This Spark Capital works on 14 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2016. The average startup value when the investment from Spark Capital is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 36 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2019.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Spark Capital, startups are often financed by Tuesday Capital, Bezos Expeditions, Uncork Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Y Combinator, Tuesday Capital, Kleiner Perkins. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by T. Rowe Price, IVP (Institutional Venture Partners), Matrix Partners.
|2020 Ventures||California, San Francisco, United States|
|China Development Bank||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Danske Private Equity||Copenhagen, Denmark, Hovedstaden|
|Dean and Company||United States, Vienna, Virginia|
|EDF||France, Ile-de-France, Paris|
|EFM Asset Management||China, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island|
|Engine||Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium|
|Government of India||Delhi, India, New Delhi|
|Hengying Yisheng||China, Chongming, Chongming District|
|Lotus Capital Limited||Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria|
|NDTV Limited||Delhi, India, New Delhi|
|Vanfund Urban Investment & Development||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Wittington Ventures||Canada, Ontario, Toronto|
|Y Ventures||California, Monrovia, United States|
|$30M||12 Jan 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|01 Jul 2013||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
– Sternum from Tel Aviv develops a scalable platform to bring security, observability and data capture to every IoT device.
– Series B $27m round was led by Spark Capital with participation from existing investors Square Peg Capital, the Hinrich Foundation, btov, and other private investors.
– The new investment will be used for R&D – to advance its scalable platform – and for team expansion as the company ramps up global go-to-market efforts.
– Zeal (formerly Puzzl), an API-first payroll infrastructure provider, announced a $13m Series A round led by Spark Capital, with participation from Commerce Ventures and notable individual investors including: Marqeta CEO and Founder Jason Gardner and CRO Omri Dahan, Robinhood Founder Vlad Tenev, UltimateSoftware EVP Mitch Dauerman and SVP Bob Manne, and Namely Founder Matt Straz.
– Zeal also announced it has added Spark Capital’s partner Natalie Sandman to its Board of Directors.
– Zeal is a leader in the embedded fintech ecosystem, empowering platforms to build highly individualized payroll products.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.