In 1988 was created St. Paul Venture Capital, which is appeared as VC. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Minneapolis.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Santarus, EBR Systems, Vendavo For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Telecommunications, Infrastructure.
The current fund was established by Patrick Hopf. Besides them, we counted 2 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the St. Paul Venture Capital, startups are often financed by Accel, Frazier Healthcare Partners, Windamere Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Prism Venture Management, Bessemer Venture Partners, DCM Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Accel, Prism Venture Management, DCM Ventures.
The important activity for fund was in 2000. The average startup value when the investment from St. Paul Venture Capital is 50-100 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2004. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this St. Paul Venture Capital works on 15 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 6 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year.
Funds with similar focus
|$20M||08 Apr 2015||United States, Sunnyvale|
|$18M||01 Jul 2014||United States, Sunnyvale|
|$26M||05 Mar 2007||United States, " United States"}|
|$21M||01 Oct 2005||United States, Sunnyvale|
|$22M||06 Jan 2005||United States, San Diego|
|$48M||05 Aug 2004||United States, Carlsbad|
|$30M||14 Jul 2004||United States, Carlsbad|
|$27M||25 Jun 2004||United States, Redwood City|
|$70M||11 Jun 2004||United States, Jersey City|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.