The main department of described VC is located in the Baltimore. The company was established in North America in United States.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Medical, Health Diagnostics. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight AveXis, Spark Therapeutics, Audentes Therapeutics. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund.
Opposing the other organizations, this Rock Springs Capital works on 49 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2015. Deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The typical startup value when the investment from Rock Springs Capital is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 16 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. The top activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
Besides them, we counted 1 critical employee of this fund in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 8-9 participants. Despite the Rock Springs Capital, startups are often financed by OrbiMed, Sofinnova Investments, Bay City Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Deerfield, Wellington Management, Vivo Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by New Enterprise Associates, Omega Funds, CARB-X.
Funds with similar focus
|Bluegrass Angels||Kentucky, Lexington, United States|
|California Institute for Regenerative Medicine||California, San Francisco, United States|
|Cathexis||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Changzhou Gaoxin Tou||China, Jiangsu, Jintan|
|Disruptive Capital Finance||England, London, United Kingdom|
|DMC Stratex Networks||California, San Jose, United States|
|Higginbotham Strategic Investments||-|
|Jumbo Sheen Group||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Monarch Capital||China, Hangzhou, Zhejiang|
|Movile||Brazil, Paraíba, Sao Paulo|
|Presight Capital||New City, New York, United States|
|Reti Televisive Italiane S.p.A.||Cologno Monzese, Italy, Lombardia|
|The Good Stuff||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|The Moinian Group||New York, New York, United States|
|Tongcheng Zhongchuang Fund||China, Jiangsu, Suzhou|
|Yabeo Capital||Bavaria, Bayern, Germany|
|Zhongyan Chuangxin Touzi||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Zhuhai Hecheng Zhiyi Ziben Guanli Youxian Gongsi||China, Guangdong, Zhuhai|
|$300M||07 Dec 2021||South San Francisco, California, United States|
|$50M||26 Oct 2021||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|$143M||12 Oct 2021||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|$70M||05 Oct 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$90M||02 Sep 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$90M||18 Aug 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$43M||21 Jul 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$260M||15 Jul 2021||California, United States|
|$50M||10 Jul 2021||Shanghai, China|
– Vigil Neuroscience, a biotechnology company harnessing the power of microglia for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, announced the completion of a $90m Series B financing to further advance Vigil’s proprietary pipeline of microglia-targeted medicines for the treatment of neurodegeneration.
– The financing was led by Vida Ventures with participation from existing investors Atlas Venture, Northpond Ventures and Hatteras Venture Partners as well as new investors including Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Cormorant Asset Management, Invus, OrbiMed, Rock Springs Capital, Deep Track Capital, Logos Capital, Pivotal bioVenture Partners, and Lightstone Ventures.
– Amylyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. closed $135m in Series C financing.
– Viking Global Investors led the round with participation from Bain Capital Life Sciences, Perceptive Advisors, Rock Springs Capital, Woodline Partners, Marshall Wace, Tybourne Capital Management, Verition Fund Management, aMoon Fund and Falcon Edge.
– The company intends to use the funds for the clinical development and potential launch plans for lead product candidate AMX0035, for the potential treatment of ALS, and further research and development in other neurodegenerative diseases.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.