Deerfield is the famous VC, which was founded in 1994. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the New York.
Besides them, we counted 15 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2015. When the investment is from Deerfield the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this Deerfield performs on 20 percentage points more the average number of lead investments. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 26 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Deerfield, startups are often financed by New Enterprise Associates, Third Rock Ventures, OrbiMed. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are RA Capital Management, OrbiMed, T. Rowe Price. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Deerfield Capital Management, OrbiMed, Venrock.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Biopharma, Medical. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight AveXis, TESARO, Spark Therapeutics. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
Funds with similar focus
|Adaptec - Data Storage||California, Milpitas, United States|
|British Business Bank||England, Sheffield, United Kingdom|
|Buw||Germany, Lower Saxony, Osnabrück|
|Exodus Communications||Japan, Tokyo|
|Grupo SURA||Antioquia, Colombia, Medellín|
|HP WILD HOLDING AG||-|
|Johnson & Johnson Foundation||-|
|Mandiri Investment Management Singapore||Central, Central Region, Singapore|
|MiH Ventures||Delhi, India, New Delhi|
|$40M||12 Oct 2022||San Diego, California, United States|
|$40M||08 Sep 2022||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|$35M||10 Aug 2022||Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China|
|$65M||28 Jul 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$75M||20 Jul 2022||Italy, Tuscany, Italy|
|$60M||06 Jun 2022||Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China|
|$120M||12 Apr 2022||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|$88M||19 Jul 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$300M||23 Jun 2021||New York, New York, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.