Bay City Capital appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1997. The venture was found in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco.
This organization was formed by Fred Craves, John Diekman. The overall number of key employees were 9.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Pharmion, Hyperion Therapeutics, Merus. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Medical Device, Life Science.
The top activity for fund was in 2013. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Comparing to the other companies, this Bay City Capital performs on 6 percentage points more the average number of lead investments. When the investment is from Bay City Capital the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 1 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2014.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Bay City Capital, startups are often financed by New Leaf Venture Partners, Sofinnova Investments, Canaan Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Novo Holdings, Canaan Partners, Alta Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by New Enterprise Associates, Sofinnova Investments, Alta Partners.
Funds with similar focus
|$57M||04 May 2021||Iceland, Iceland|
|$10M||13 Nov 2020||Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States|
Sembiosys Genetics Inc.
|01 Oct 2020||Calgary, Canada|
|$100M||02 Mar 2020||Massachusetts, United States|
|$63M||18 Mar 2019||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$93M||13 Nov 2018||Maryland, United States|
|$230M||23 Jul 2018||San Diego, California, United States|
|$76M||05 Jan 2018||New Jersey, United States|
|$21M||04 Jan 2018||Iceland, Múlaþing|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.