In 1968 was created Morgenthaler Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Menlo Park.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight MuleSoft, Lending Club, Evernote. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Medical Device, Software.
Considering the real fund results, this VC is 1 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The important activity for fund was in 2012. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this Morgenthaler Ventures performs on 5 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The typical startup value when the investment from Morgenthaler Ventures is 100-500 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018.
Besides them, we counted 11 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Morgenthaler Ventures, startups are often financed by Worldview Technology Partners, QuestMark Partners, Meritech Capital Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Vertex Ventures HC, Technology Partners, Latterell Venture Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Meritech Capital Partners, Intel Capital, Worldview Technology Partners.
|25M||16 Nov 2009||Switzerland, Belmont|
|17M||01 Aug 2007||Switzerland, Belmont|
|40M||30 Sep 1999||United States, Bellevue|
Big Switch Networks
|13M||22 Apr 2011||United States, San Jose|
|33M||25 Nov 2008||Switzerland, Belmont|
|8M||05 Dec 2014|
|30 Jul 1985||United States, Monroeville|
|2M||31 Mar 2011||United States, Santa Rosa|
|01 Jan 1995|
|01 Jan 1997||Canada, Burlington|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.