Sofinnova Investments is the famous VC, which was founded in 1974. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Menlo Park. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Enterprise Software, Therapeutics. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Spark Therapeutics, Audentes Therapeutics, ZS Pharma. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Sofinnova Investments, startups are often financed by Ventech, Bay City Capital, Vivo Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Ventech, New Leaf Venture Partners, Atlas Venture. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Ventech, Novartis Venture Fund, Idinvest Partners.
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 4 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. This Sofinnova Investments works on 7 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. When the investment is from Sofinnova Investments the average startup value is 10-50 millions dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The high activity for fund was in 2007. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
The overall number of key employees were 13.
|$31M||02 Nov 2021||California, United States|
|$60M||26 Oct 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$143M||12 Oct 2021||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|$147M||26 Mar 2021||United Kingdom, England, United Kingdom|
|$80M||19 Jan 2021||South San Francisco, California, United States|
|$150M||08 Jan 2021||Shanghai, China|
|$55M||16 Dec 2020||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|$72M||06 Aug 2020||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$137M||08 Jul 2020||-|
– Gyroscope Therapeutics from London develops a gene therapy for various eye diseases.
– The company raised $148m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by Forbion’s Growth Opportunities Fund and includes Sofinnova Investments, funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Tetragon Financial Group Limited, an undisclosed healthcare focused fund, Fosun Pharma, Cambridge Innovation Capital and founding investor Syncona.
– The company also announced the appointments of Wouter Joustra, General Partner, Forbion and Maha Katabi, General Partner, Sofinnova to the Gyroscope Board of Directors.
– XyloCor Therapeutics, a private clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of gene therapy for the significant unmet patient needs in advanced coronary artery disease, today announced the closing of an additional $22.6 million financing.
– Fountain Healthcare Partners led the oversubscribed financing joined by new investors Longwood Fund and Lumira Ventures. All existing institutional investors including Sofinnova Investments and LSP (Life Sciences Partners) participated in the financing.
– The additional financing builds upon XyloCor’s 2018 Series A financing round, bringing total investment in the company to $41.9 million to date.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.