In 2004 was created Omidyar Network, which is appeared as VC. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Redwood City.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The real fund results show that this VC is 14 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The average startup value when the investment from Omidyar Network is 100-500 millions dollars. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 deals per year. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Opposing the other organizations, this Omidyar Network works on 22 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
The fund was created by Pam Omidyar, Pierre Omidyar. Besides them, we counted 32 critical employees of this fund in our database.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Change Healthcare, Change Healthcare, Chime. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Software, Social Media. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Omidyar Network, startups are often financed by DFJ, Y Combinator, Elevar Equity. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Matrix Partners India, Learn Capital, Quona Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sequoia Capital India, Benchmark, Maverick Ventures.
Funds with similar focus
|$5M||04 Apr 2022||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|$9M||12 Jan 2022||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|$31M||08 Dec 2021||Delhi, Delhi, India|
|$18M||23 Nov 2021||Gurugram, Haryana, India|
|$21M||09 Nov 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|31 Aug 2021||Kampala, Kampala, Uganda|
|$46M||14 Jul 2021||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|$5M||10 Jun 2021||Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu, India|
|$80M||12 May 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.