In 1864 was created J & W Seligman, which is appeared as Corporate Investor. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main department of described Corporate Investor is located in the New York.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Silver Peak, HomeGain.com, YOUcentric. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 3 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Web Hosting, E-Commerce.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. Opposing the other organizations, this J & W Seligman works on 13 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments. The typical startup value when the investment from J & W Seligman is 100-500 millions dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2005. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 2 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The important activity for fund was in 2000.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the J & W Seligman, startups are often financed by TCV, Star Ventures, Greylock Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Integral Capital Partners, Chase Capital Partners, BancBoston Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by TeleSoft Partners, Sofinnova Investments, Pamlico Capital.
Funds with similar focus
|$15M||14 Jan 2003||United States, Irvine|
|$15M||23 Aug 2002||United States, Los Angeles|
|$7M||25 Apr 2002||United States, San Jose|
|$75M||23 Jan 2002||United States, Redwood City|
|$40M||03 Jan 2002||United States, Pittsburgh|
|$10M||20 Dec 2001||United States, San Jose|
|$20M||18 Dec 2001||United States, San Jose|
|$54M||10 Oct 2001||United States, Santa Clara|
Blue Pumpkin Software
|$19M||24 Jul 2001||United States, Sunnyvale|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.