8VC appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2015. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco.
This organization was formed by Alex Kolicich, Drew Oetting, Jake Medwell, Kimmy Scotti. We also calculated 9 valuable employees in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the 8VC, startups are often financed by Y Combinator, Thrive Capital, Sway Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are SV Angel, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Great Oaks Venture Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Founders Fund, Menlo Ventures, Emergence.
This 8VC works on 25 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 13 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The top activity for fund was in 2018. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 25-48 deals per year. The average startup value when the investment from 8VC is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Oscar Health Insurance Co., Flexport, Guardant Health We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Biotechnology, SaaS. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund.
Funds with similar focus
|$19M||12 Jan 2023||New York, New York, United States|
|$9M||04 Jan 2023||San Francisco, California, United States|
Second Front Systems
|$32M||07 Dec 2022||Arlington, Virginia, United States|
|$10M||06 Dec 2022||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|$3M||09 Nov 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|01 Nov 2022||Berkeley, California, United States|
|$3M||25 Oct 2022||-|
|$10M||24 Oct 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$26M||17 Oct 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
– Hexagon Bio, a biopharmaceutical company pioneering the discovery of medicines encoded in the global metagenome, announced that it has raised $61 million to fuel the continued development of its platform to design and develop new therapeutics mined from microbial genomes.
– Nextech Invest led the financing, with participation from new investors SoftBank Vision Fund 2* and Casdin Capital, as well as existing investors The Column Group, 8VC, and Two Sigma Ventures.
– Hexagon’s interdisciplinary platform combines technological advances and proprietary insights across machine learning, genomics, synthetic biology and automation to systematically discover new chemical compounds linked to known protein targets.
– Hexagon has built a database of microbial genomes that is more than twice the size of all public databases and is adding thousands of additional genomes per month.
– Flywheel announces a $22m Series C funding round.
– The round was led by 8VC and includes iSelect, Argonautic Ventures, Beringea, Novartis, HPE Pathfinder, Spike Ventures, Key Investments, Seraph, Great North Labs and others.
– Flywheel’s cloud-based data management platform enables researchers to accelerate discovery through streamlined data curation and management, automated pipelines for machine learning and analysis, and tools to ensure secure collaboration.
– With Flywheel’s platform in place, researchers across academic, clinical and life sciences organizations can transform productivity and accelerate innovation in imaging research, multicenter studies, AI development and clinical trials.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.