8VC appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2015. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco.
This organization was formed by Alex Kolicich, Drew Oetting, Jake Medwell, Kimmy Scotti. We also calculated 9 valuable employees in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the 8VC, startups are often financed by Y Combinator, Thrive Capital, Sway Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are SV Angel, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Great Oaks Venture Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Founders Fund, Menlo Ventures, Emergence.
This 8VC works on 25 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 13 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The top activity for fund was in 2018. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 25-48 deals per year. The average startup value when the investment from 8VC is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Oscar Health Insurance Co., Flexport, Guardant Health We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Biotechnology, SaaS. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund.
|20 May 2016||Panama, San Francisco|
|25M||23 Jun 2020||Panama, San Francisco|
|11M||03 Nov 2017||United Kingdom, Boston|
|110M||23 Oct 2018||United States, Redwood City|
|33M||07 Mar 2018||Panama, San Francisco|
|16M||22 Aug 2018||Panama, San Francisco|
|32M||20 Feb 2019|
|725K||08 May 2017||United States, San Diego|
|4M||01 Dec 2016||United Kingdom, Boston|
|41M||04 Jan 2017||United States, Redwood City|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.