Vulcan Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2003. The main department of described VC is located in the Seattle. The venture was found in North America in United States.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Internet, Big Data. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Alibaba, Uber, Spotify.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Vulcan Capital, startups are often financed by RRE Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Benchmark. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are DFJ, Maveron, Kleiner Perkins. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by DFJ, Tiger Global Management, T. Rowe Price.
The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. The typical startup value when the investment from Vulcan Capital is more than 1 billion dollars. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Vulcan Capital works on 7 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 3 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
The fund was created by Paul Allen. Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
|39M||09 Jun 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|13M||18 May 2021||Netherlands, Amsterdam|
|4M||12 May 2021||United States, Seattle|
|25M||30 Apr 2021|
|5M||20 Apr 2021|
|130M||08 Apr 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|200M||23 Mar 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|10M||03 Mar 2021||United States, New York|
|50M||24 Feb 2021||United States, Los Angeles|
– Borneo is a Singapore-based real-time data security and privacy observability platform. – Company raised $18m in Series A funding. – The round was led by Vulcan Capital and Prosus Ventures. – The new investment will be used to continue investing in its technology platform and customer demand. Read more
– Seattle-based AdaptX, a startup that helps healthcare providers and systems use data from electronic medical records to inform and adjust what they do, raised $6m in Series A funding. – The round was led by Vulcan Capital and joined by all previous institutional investors. – The company has raised a total of more than $11m in funding. Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.