In 2006 was created The Column Group, which is appeared as VC. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the The Column Group, startups are often financed by Topspin Partners, OrbiMed, OUP (Osage University Partners). The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are OUP (Osage University Partners), Celgene, Versant Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Kleiner Perkins, Foresite Capital, Venrock.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The important activity for fund was in 2015. Comparing to the other companies, this The Column Group performs on 10 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 14 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year.
This organization was formed by Adriana Tajonar, Peter Svennilson. The overall number of key employees were 6.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Health Care, Medical Device. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Flexus Biosciences, NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Surrozen The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund.
Funds with similar focus
|$160M||26 Jul 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$70M||17 May 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$102M||23 Feb 2022||San Diego, California, United States|
|$236M||15 Feb 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$518M||06 Jan 2022||Hayward, California, United States|
|$61M||22 Sep 2021||California, United States|
|$115M||09 Sep 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$60M||26 Aug 2021||San Diego, California, United States|
|$60M||24 Aug 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
– Hexagon Bio, a biopharmaceutical company pioneering the discovery of medicines encoded in the global metagenome, announced that it has raised $61 million to fuel the continued development of its platform to design and develop new therapeutics mined from microbial genomes.
– Nextech Invest led the financing, with participation from new investors SoftBank Vision Fund 2* and Casdin Capital, as well as existing investors The Column Group, 8VC, and Two Sigma Ventures.
– Hexagon’s interdisciplinary platform combines technological advances and proprietary insights across machine learning, genomics, synthetic biology and automation to systematically discover new chemical compounds linked to known protein targets.
– Hexagon has built a database of microbial genomes that is more than twice the size of all public databases and is adding thousands of additional genomes per month.
– Atavistik Bio, a pre-clinical biotechnology company pioneering the identification of metabolite-protein interactions that have the potential to lead to the discovery and development of first-in-class drug candidates powered by distinct allosteric control mechanisms, announced that the closing of a $60 million Series A financing round.
– The financing was led by The Column Group and joined by Lux Capital, and Nextech Invest.
– The new financing will support development of Atavistik’s drug discovery platform, and future identification of select drug candidates based on deep knowledge of disease relevant pathways that have evolved over millions of years by nature to be allosterically regulated by metabolites.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.