Merlin Biomed appeared to be the Corporate Investor, which was created in 1998. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented Corporate Investor is situated in the New York.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Health Care, Biopharma. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, FibroGen, Calypso Medical. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund.
The average startup value when the investment from Merlin Biomed is 10-50 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Merlin Biomed works on 36 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2003. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 deals per year.
The fund was created by Stuart T. Weisbrod.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 8-9 partakers. Despite the Merlin Biomed, startups are often financed by Bay City Capital, Versant Ventures, Venrock. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Versant Ventures, VantagePoint Capital Partners, OrbiMed. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by OrbiMed, MPM Capital, Sanderling Ventures.
Funds with similar focus
|BDC Capital||Canada, Montréal, Quebec|
|Blue Maple||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Church Street Trustees||-|
|Dayiwang||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Liberty Technologies, Inc.||Liberty, Missouri, United States|
|LOGLY INVESTMENT||Chiyoda, Japan|
|MAA Group||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Metavallon VC||Athens, Attiki, Greece|
|Mosaic Asset Management||Irving, Texas, United States|
|Phoebus||China, Minhang, Shanghai|
|Radian Capital||New York, New York, United States|
|Shenzhenshi Qianhai Zeqing Zichan Guanli Youxian Gongsi||China, Guangdong, Tianjin|
|Spring Marketing Capital||-|
|The Ledger Group||Canada, Ontario, Toronto|
|The Sparkle Fund||-|
|Winnipeg Capital||Lima, Lima, Peru|
|$8M||05 Nov 2009||Hayward, California, United States|
Gemin X Pharmaceuticals
|$38M||03 Jul 2008||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|$32M||19 Apr 2007||Hayward, California, United States|
|$42M||08 Jan 2007||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|$18M||07 Nov 2006||United Kingdom, England, United Kingdom|
|$40M||07 Sep 2006||Massachusetts, United States|
|$8M||27 Jun 2006||Redwood City, California, United States|
|$60M||18 Jul 2005||Cupertino, California, United States|
|$100M||17 Feb 2005||San Francisco, California, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.