VantagePoint Capital Partners appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1996. The venture was found in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the San Bruno.
The fund was created by Alan Salzman, Jim Marverasdasdas. The overall number of key employees were 8.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the VantagePoint Capital Partners, startups are often financed by Kleiner Perkins, DFJ, Sequoia Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sequoia Capital, RRE Ventures, Intel Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Menlo Ventures, Pinnacle Ventures, Intel Capital.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Internet, Telecommunications. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Better Place, BrightSource Energy, Solyndra. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
The top activity for fund was in 2000. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 deals per year. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2007. Comparing to the other companies, this VantagePoint Capital Partners performs on 1 percentage points more the average number of lead investments. When the investment is from VantagePoint Capital Partners the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 15 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
Funds with similar focus
|$18M||18 Dec 2019||Massachusetts, United States|
|$11M||04 Jan 2019||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|$26M||21 Jun 2018||Woburn, Massachusetts, United States|
|$15M||03 Jan 2018||California, United States|
|$14M||24 May 2016||Palo Alto, California, United States|
|$14M||11 Jan 2016||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$58M||17 Jun 2015||Woburn, Massachusetts, United States|
|$20M||20 May 2015||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|$12M||01 Oct 2014||Palo Alto, California, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.