Edgewater Private Equity Fund
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Chicago
The primary office of this VC is located in Chicago. The fund is located in United States, North America.
This VC was founded by James Gordon. The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 9.
Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. In real terms, this VC performs 5 percentage points more exits than other funds. Edgewater Private Equity Fund is involved in 4 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments when compared with other funds. This fund was the most active in 2000. The fund typically enters into less than 2 deals annually. We recorded the biggest number of exits for this fund in 2017.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 4-5 others. Besides Edgewater Private Equity Fund, start-ups are typically funded by Clearstone Venture Partners, Lehman Brothers, Kleiner Perkins and 2 more VCs. The most common co-investors for the fund are Bluestem Capital, Richland Ventures, Kleiner Perkins and also 4 different VCs. The investors in the following rounds are usually DAG Ventures, Clearstone Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, and 8 VCs in total.
Also, a start-up has to be aged 6-10 years to expect investment from this fund. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Internet, Retail. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 14 more industries for this fund. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are AOptix Technologies, eVentures Group, EpicEdge. The fund has a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: edgewaterfunds.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first, last, first last, first last_initial
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
12.5% of cases
Average Multiplicator [the average ratio of the last valuation of portfolio startups to their total amount of financing raised]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.