In 2000 was created Capricorn Investment Group, which is appeared as VC. The venture was found in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Palo Alto.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Capricorn Investment Group works on 10 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. When the investment is from Capricorn Investment Group the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The real fund results show that this VC is 9 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the Capricorn Investment Group, startups are often financed by Social Capital, Prelude Ventures, LLC, Shell Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Social Capital, Shell Ventures, Founders Fund. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Prelude Ventures, LLC, Valor Equity Partners, The Westly Group.
This organization was formed by Ion Yadigaroglu, Stephen George. Besides them, we counted 10 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight QuantumScape, Yammer, HeartFlow. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Renewable Energy, Manufacturing.
Funds with similar focus
|$53M||17 Jan 2023||Calgary, Canada|
|$85M||06 Oct 2022||Boulder, Colorado, United States|
|$138M||22 Aug 2022||Berkeley, California, United States|
|$130M||29 Jun 2022||Berkeley, California, United States|
|$46M||12 May 2022||Mountain View, California, United States|
|$17M||01 Mar 2022||Tempe, Arizona, United States|
|$21M||19 Jan 2022||Mountain View, California, United States|
|$100M||06 Dec 2021||Hayward, California, United States|
|$500M||05 Nov 2021||Washington, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.