Social Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2011. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Palo Alto. The company was established in North America in United States.
The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Slack Technologies, Flatiron Health, Box. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Education, Apps.
The fund was created by Chamath Palihapitiya, Mamoon Hamid, Ted Maidenberg. Besides them, we counted 10 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The important activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 25-48 deals per year. The typical startup value when the investment from Social Capital is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 5 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. Comparing to the other companies, this Social Capital performs on 19 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2014.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Social Capital, startups are often financed by Techstars, SV Angel, LAUNCH. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are General Catalyst, Andreessen Horowitz, Precursor Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners.
Early is Good
|$4M||02 Nov 2022||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States|
|$4M||25 Aug 2022||Fremont, California, United States|
|$23M||24 Aug 2022||-|
|17 Aug 2022||Houston, Texas, United States|
|$35M||27 Jul 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$205M||12 Jul 2022||Salem, Oregon, United States|
|$25M||18 May 2022||Berkeley, California, United States|
|$46M||12 May 2022||Mountain View, California, United States|
|$55M||05 May 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
– Outlier.org, a startup offering intro-level college courses online at a relatively affordable price, raised $30m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Reach Capital and joined by existing investors including Social Capital, First Round Capital, and others.
– The company plans to expand its course offerings to 14 by the end of 2022.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.