Prelude Ventures, LLC
United States, San Francisco
Prelude Ventures, LLC was established in 2009, and is a well known VC. This investor is located in North America, United States. The the headquarters of this VC is in San Francisco.
The fund was created by Nat Simons. We also identified another 4 core personnel in our database.
The fund generally invests in 2-6 deals every year. In 2019, the fund's activity was at its peak. In addition, the fund was active in 2019. In real terms, this VC performs 10 percentage points more exits than other funds. The average start-up valuation at the time of investment from Prelude Ventures, LLC is 1-5 millions dollars. Prelude Ventures, LLC is involved in 27 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments when compared with other funds. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The most exits for the fund occurred in 2019.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 6-7 others. Along with Prelude Ventures, LLC, start-ups are often financed by Chrysalix Venture Capital, Capricorn Investment Group, Shell Ventures as well as 50 other investors. The most common co-investors for the fund are Shell Ventures, Tao Capital Partners, Energy Impact Partners and also 53 different VCs. The investors in the following rounds are usually Capricorn Investment Group, Shell Ventures, GV, and 33 VCs in total.
Moreover, a start-up needs to be 4-5 years old to get investment from this fund. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. If there are 4 or 5+ founders in the start-up, the probability of getting the investment is low. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - United States. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Energy, Oil and Gas. QuantumScape, Zymergen, Aquion Energy are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: preludeventures.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first_initial last, first last, first, first '.' last, last first_initial
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
36.4% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Number of Unicorns [amount of portfolio companies, which were valuated at more then $1B]
Funds Investing in Previous
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.