Third Rock Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2007. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Boston.
We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Pharmaceutical, Therapeutics. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Foundation Medicine, Afferent Pharmaceuticals, Relay Therapeutics. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2015. The real fund results show that this VC is 28 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. This Third Rock Ventures works on 5 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2012. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Third Rock Ventures, startups are often financed by Venrock, Flybridge Capital Partners, SV Health Investors. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Flagship Pioneering, ARCH Venture Partners, Polaris Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Wellington Management, Fidelity Management and Research Company, Venrock.
The current fund was established by Kevin Starr, Mark Levin, Robert Tepper. We also calculated 13 valuable employees in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|Asia America MultiTechnology Association (AAMASV)||California, Palo Alto, United States|
|Big Ban angels||Spain, Valencia, Valencian Community|
|Blockhead Capital||California, Santa Monica, United States|
|Chart Venture Partners||New York, New York, United States|
|Crossventures||Germany, Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen|
|Daiwa Securities SMBC Principal Investments||Japan, Tokyo|
|E-House Capital||China, Shanghai|
|Hitachi Systems||Japan, Tokyo|
|Mieza Capital||Connecticut, Darien, United States|
|North Sky Capital||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|Palm Commerce Information Technology||China, Guangdong, Tianjin|
|Rainbow Technologies||California, Irvine, United States|
|Tongbei Zongheng||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Velocity Partners||Bellevue, United States, Washington|
|Walking Ventures||England, London, United Kingdom|
|$150M||10 May 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$83M||24 Mar 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$100M||27 Jan 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$47M||21 Dec 2021||-|
|$25M||25 Oct 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$108M||01 Sep 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$95M||23 Jun 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$82M||13 May 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$55M||23 Mar 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
– Asher Biotherapeutics, a biotechnology company developing precisely-targeted immunotherapies for cancer, autoimmune, and infectious diseases, announced the closing of an oversubscribed Series B financing, which raised $108m.
– The financing was led by Wellington Management Company, and included new investors RA Capital Management, Janus Henderson Investors, Logos Capital, Marshall Wace and Alexandria Venture Investments, and, along with existing investors Third Rock Ventures, Invus, Boxer Capital of Tavistock Group, Mission BioCapital, and other undisclosed institutional investors.
– Flare Therapeutics is a biotechnology company based in Cambridge, Mass.
– The company raised $82m in Series A financing.
– The round was led by Third Rock Ventures with participation from Boxer Capital, Nextech Invest, Casdin Capital, Invus Financial Advisors and Eventide Asset Management.
– The new investment will be used for further advancement of the company’s lead program in precision oncology toward the clinic.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.