US Department of Energy is the famous Corporate Investor, which was founded in 1977. The main department of described Corporate Investor is located in the Washington. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
Besides them, we counted 2 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of more than 20 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Chemical, Manufacturing. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Delphi Automotive PLC, Aptiv, Siemens.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this Corporate Investor is 20 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2011. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. Comparing to the other companies, this US Department of Energy performs on 5 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2019.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 partakers. Despite the US Department of Energy, startups are often financed by Kleiner Perkins, Polaris Partners, 180 Degree Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Science Foundation, California Energy Commission. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by National Science Foundation, Y Combinator, North Bridge Venture Partners & Growth Equity.
Funds with similar focus
Virginia Tech - Crunchbase School Profile & Alumni
|$2M||21 Apr 2022||Virginia, United States|
|$107M||18 Apr 2022||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|$4M||14 Apr 2022||Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States|
University of Central Florida - Crunchbase School Profile & Alumni
|$3M||14 Mar 2022||Orlando, Florida, United States|
|$8M||10 Mar 2022||Bellevue, Washington, United States|
|$1M||25 Feb 2022||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
Nokia Bell Labs
|$2M||15 Feb 2022||-|
|$250K||08 Feb 2022||Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States|
|$256K||06 Feb 2022||Orem, Utah, United States|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.