National Science Foundation is the famous VC, which was founded in 1950. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Alexandria.
The top activity for fund was in 2019. Comparing to the other companies, this National Science Foundation performs on 24 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The typical startup value when the investment from National Science Foundation is 1-5 millions dollars. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2013. The real fund results show that this VC is 23 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Symantec, Affectiva, Agrivida. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Software, Universities. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 participants. Despite the National Science Foundation, startups are often financed by MassChallenge, US Department of Energy, Massachusetts Technology Collaborative. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are National Institutes of Health, US Department of Energy, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by US Department of Energy, Techstars, Menlo Ventures.
The overall number of key employees were 9.
|$978K||14 Mar 2022||East Lansing, Michigan, United States|
|$990K||10 Mar 2022||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|$1M||28 Feb 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$975K||22 Feb 2022||Zionsville, Indiana, United States|
|$1M||02 Dec 2021||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|30 Nov 2021||Santa Clara, California, United States|
|$256K||11 Nov 2021||New York, New York, United States|
TruSpin Nanomaterial Innovation, Inc.
|$256K||10 Nov 2021||Birmingham, Alabama, United States|
|$1M||09 Nov 2021||Boulder, Colorado, United States|
– Florica Therapeutics has been awarded a National Science Foundation (NSF) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant for $255,678 to work on the Hypothalamus Stem Cell Exosomes for Treatment of COVID-19 project.
– The hypothalamus is crucial to secretion of cortisol and other immune-modulators that dampen the immune response following immune activation.
– Florica Therapeutics is a labor of love dedicated to my mother Florica Ichim.
– When I was 10 years old, my mother was diagnosed with leukemia. I promised her that she would not fight alone, I dedicated my life to extending the lives of others through biomedical research.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.