In 1992 was created TPG, which is appeared as VC. The venture was found in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Austin.
The current fund was established by James G. Coulter, Jeffrey A Shaw, William S. Price. We also calculated 12 valuable employees in our database.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the TPG, startups are often financed by Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, Kleiner Perkins. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Kleiner Perkins, InterWest Partners, Tencent Holdings. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by InterWest Partners, Crosspoint Venture Partners, Intel Capital.
The average startup value when the investment from TPG is more than 1 billion dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. The real fund results show that this VC is 18 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. Comparing to the other companies, this TPG performs on 2 percentage points more the average number of lead investments.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Uber, Spotify, Tanium. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Mobile, Biotechnology. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
Funds with similar focus
|Gestion De Capital Riesgo Del Pais Vasco||Bilbao, Pais Vasco, Spain|
|Hongsen Ziben||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Hyptek||China, Jiangsu, Suzhou|
|IDM Venture Capital||Central, Central Region, Singapore|
|JLT||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Koch Disruptive Technologies||Kansas, United States, Wichita|
|Sanoh Industrial Co.||Japan, Niigata, Niigata Prefecture|
|Schott||Germany, Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz|
|Waratah Group||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Waypoint Capital||Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland|
|Yellow Ventures||Brazil, São Paulo, Sao Paulo|
|Yiyixing Capital||China, Tianjin, Tianjin|
|Zhongding Financial Information Service||China, Shanghai|
|Zipcar||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$200M||13 Apr 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$132M||18 Mar 2022||Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|$300M||09 Mar 2022||Irvine, California, United States|
|$160M||03 Mar 2022||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|$420M||11 Jan 2022||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|$36M||23 Dec 2021||São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil|
|$380M||14 Dec 2021||Redwood City, California, United States|
|$350M||13 Dec 2021||Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
|$200M||07 Dec 2021||Portland, Oregon, United States|
– Age of Learning from Los Angeles is a leading education technology innovator, creating engaging and effective learning resources to help children build a strong foundation for academic success.
– The company announced a $300 million equity investment in the company.
– The round is led by TPG and includes Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) and Madrone Capital Partners.
– Zenoti from Bellevue develops a software platform for salon and spa businesses.
– Series D funding round was led by TPG with participation of previous investors – Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, and Madrona Venture Group.
– The new investment increases company valuation to almost $1.5b.
– The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand its platform through forthcoming M&A, while providing some liquidity to its employees.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.