Thomvest Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 1996. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the San Francisco.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Information Technology, SaaS. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Lending Club, Social Finance (SoFi), Cylance.
When the investment is from Thomvest Ventures the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this Thomvest Ventures performs on 9 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The top activity for fund was in 2019. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 8 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2017.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Thomvest Ventures, startups are often financed by Altos Ventures, Data Collective DCVC, Tran Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Altos Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Tran Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Altos Ventures, Tran Ventures, Morado Ventures.
This organization was formed by Peter Thomson. Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|$30M||04 May 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$150M||03 Mar 2021||United States, Sunnyvale|
|$85M||14 Jan 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|$10M||14 May 2020||United States, San Francisco|
|$37M||21 Feb 2020||United States, Palo Alto|
|$60M||28 Oct 2019||United States, Los Angeles|
|$60M||10 Oct 2019||United States, Sunnyvale|
|$10M||23 Aug 2019||United States, " United States"}|
|18 Jul 2019||United States, San Jose|
– Ocrolus, a San Francisco-based automation platform that analyzes financial documents with over 99% accuracy, announced $80m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by Fin VC at a valuation north of $500m.
– Additional participants in the round were Thomvest Ventures, Mubadala Capital, Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, QED Investors, Bullpen Capital, ValueStream Ventures, Laconia, RiverPark Ventures, Invicta Growth, Stage 2 Capital, and Cross River Bank.
– The company plans to use its new funding to more aggressively build products for the mortgage lending and banking industries and expand its US operations.
– Ribbon, the homeownership company, announces today it has secured $150 million, inclusive of $75 million in Series C equity financing and $75 million in additional working capital.
– The Series C was led by Greenspring Associates, with participation from existing investors Greylock, Bain Capital Ventures, NFX, Nyca, Thomvest and Jake Seid.
– This investment will enable more than $10 billion in home transactions annually, and fuel Ribbon’s swift expansion into new states.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.