Third Point Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 1995. The venture was found in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the New York.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Lyft, Social Finance (SoFi), ContextLogic (dba. Wish). For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Financial Services, Health Care.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Third Point Ventures, startups are often financed by Mayfield Fund, Aperture Venture Partners, Founders Fund. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Bay Partners, Aperture Venture Partners, Pelion Venture Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sapphire Ventures, Rakuten, Didi Chuxing.
The fund was created by Daniel S. Loeb. We also calculated 9 valuable employees in our database.
Opposing the other organizations, this Third Point Ventures works on 5 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. Deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The real fund results show that this VC is 28 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The high activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The typical startup value when the investment from Third Point Ventures is more than 1 billion dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2015.
|24M||01 Mar 2013||United States, New York|
|60M||29 Apr 2014||United States, San Jose|
|35M||31 Jul 2013||United States, San Jose|
|20M||24 Jul 2012||United States, San Jose|
|120M||05 Jun 2019||United States, Mountain View|
|250M||15 Sep 2017|
|20M||23 Feb 2015||Panama, San Francisco|
|25M||10 Sep 2018||United States, New York|
|25M||03 Dec 2013|
|45M||23 Jan 2017|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.