Sapphire Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1996. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Palo Alto. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. When the investment is from Sapphire Ventures the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The top activity for fund was in 2019. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 17 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. This Sapphire Ventures works on 5 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
The fund was created by Andreas Weiskam, David Hartwig, Doug Higgins, Jai Das, Nino Marakovic. The overall number of key employees were 12.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight LinkedIn, One97 Communications, MuleSoft. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Internet, Analytics. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Sapphire Ventures, startups are often financed by Sutter Hill Ventures, Meritech Capital Partners, Focus Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Trinity Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Goldman Sachs, General Catalyst, Scale Venture Partners.
|50M||17 Oct 2017|
|28 Jan 2019||United States, New York|
|66M||17 Sep 2020||United States, Charlotte|
Advanced Voice Research Labs
|05 Sep 2017||United States, Seattle|
|28 Jan 2019||Switzerland, Zurich|
|12 May 2015||United States, New York|
|19M||04 Aug 2011||United States, New York|
|16M||18 Oct 2002||United States, Long Beach|
|12 Apr 2007||United States, Pleasanton|
|9M||01 Jul 2008||India, Gurugram|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.