The Whittemore Collection
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Port Chester
The Whittemore Collection is a well known and established VC, which was founded in 1990. The VC's location is in North America, United States. The main office of this VC is situated in Port Chester.
The fund typically enters into less than 2 deals annually. In terms of the fund's performance, this VC has 9 percentage points less exits when compared to other organizations. In 2017, the fund's activity was at its peak. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
We also identified another 2 core personnel in our database.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 8-9 other investors. Along with The Whittemore Collection, start-ups are often financed by Pantera Capital, Digital Currency Group, Verizon Ventures as well as 3 other investors. The fund often co-invests with Digital Currency Group, CME Ventures, Verizon Ventures, overall with 13 funds from our list. The investors in the following rounds are usually Pinnacle Ventures, Life Sciences Partners, Digital Currency Group, and 3 VCs in total.
Cobalt Technologies, Veem, Acupera, Inc. are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Cyber Security, SaaS. In addition, there are 9 more industries where it has achieved success. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Besides this, the fund also invested in 1 other country. Also, a start-up has to be aged 4-5 years to expect investment from this fund. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. When a start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
25.0% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.4 out of 1
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.