The Artesian Group
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
The Artesian Group is the renowned VC, which was created in 2008.
The fund typically enters into less than 2 deals annually. In comparison with other funds, The Artesian Group makes 4 percentage points more than the average number of lead investments. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. In 2012, the fund's activity was at its peak.
The fund was established by Alasdair Kilgour. Besides the listed founders, we have found 1 key employee of this fund in our database.
We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Internet of Things, Analytics. In addition, there are 4 more industries where it has achieved success. Among the most popular portfolio start-up of the fund, is CapLinked.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 3-4 participants. Aside from The Artesian Group, start-ups are often funded by Peter Thiel, Oakhouse Partners, Joe Lonsdale. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Wavemaker Partners, Hercules Capital, Inc., Founders Fund. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by Artha India Ventures, SeedInvest, Indicator Ventures.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
33.3% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.67 out of 1
Funds Investing in Previous
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.