This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Chicago
Starting Line was established in 2018, and is a well known VC. The VC's location is in North America, United States. The main office of this VC is situated in Chicago.
The fund's activity peaked in 2018. Additionally, in 2019 the fund was active. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are most common for this fund. In real terms, this VC performs 20 percentage points more exits than other funds. The fund typically enters into 2-6 deals annually.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 6-7 others. Along with Starting Line, start-ups are often financed by Social Starts, Paul Hedrick, Origin Ventures. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Ezra Galston, Origin Ventures, Jeff Weiner, the total number of co-investors is 1. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by Lightspeed Venture Partners, digi Ventures, The Chernin Group.
Unchained Capital, Clyde, Made In Cookware are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Social Media, Marketplace. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 8 more areas of investment. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. When a start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 1 and less years old to get investment from this fund.
This VC was founded by Ezra Galston. The overall number of key employee in the fund's team is 1.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: startingline.vc; User name format in descending order of probability: first
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
16.7% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Funds Investing Together
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.