In 2009 was created The Chernin Group, which is appeared as Corporate Investor. The venture was found in North America in United States. The main office of represented Corporate Investor is situated in the Los Angeles.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline MeatEater, mitu00fa, Doppler Labs For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Media and Entertainment, Sports. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund.
The fund was created by Peter Chernin. The overall number of key employees were 3.
The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. Opposing the other organizations, this The Chernin Group works on 13 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. When the investment is from The Chernin Group the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 6 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2017.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 7-8 partakers. Despite the The Chernin Group, startups are often financed by SV Angel, Y Combinator, Union Square Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Advancit Capital, Greycroft, BoxGroup. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Y Combinator, Greycroft, Evolution Media.
Virtually Human Studio
|$20M||21 Jul 2021|
The Pro's Closet
|$40M||26 May 2021||United States, Boulder|
|$100M||04 May 2021||Finland, Oulu|
|$305M||30 Mar 2021||Canada, Vancouver|
|$40M||16 Feb 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$30M||19 Dec 2020||United States, Los Angeles|
|$5M||07 Dec 2020||United States, Los Angeles|
|$175M||03 Dec 2020||United States, Austin|
|$40M||02 Dec 2020||United States, New York|
– The Pro’s Closet, a Boulder-based destination for Certified Pre-Owned bikes, e-bikes, and components, closed a $40m Series B funding round.
– The round was led by The Chernin Group with participation from existing investors Foundry Group, Edison Partners, and Ridgeline.
– The company intends to use the funds to grow operations and technology teams, expand its teams of bike experts, and facilitate physical expansion to new markets.
– Cameo has raised $100m in a Series C financing that values the company at over $1b.
– The financing was led by e.ventures, with participation from Origin Ventures, Softbank, Google Ventures, UTA Ventures, Amazon’s Alexa Fund, other institutional investors, and several celebrities, athletes, and entertainers including legendary skateboarder Tony Hawk.
– Previous investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Spark Capital, and The Chernin Group also participated.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.